Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Really There

Somewhere around 3:00 a.m. last night, I heard Grace calling me. I stumbled into her room as I once again heard a panicky "MOMMY!?" She was sitting straight up in bed looking scared. I put my arm around her back and said, "Here I am, Sweetie. What's the matter?"

She looked at me and reached out her hand to touch my arm. She ran her hand down my arm, sleepily smiled, and laid down again, eyes closed, contented expression on her face. She fell right back to sleep.

I went back to bed and laid there for awhile thinking about what a privilege it is to "be there." With all of our wacky vacation sleeping for two weeks, Grace was disoriented and just needed to know I was there. My heart was full as I contemplated how often I long for that exact fulfillment from my Heavenly Father. I have His promises, but sometimes I don't know where I am or where He is, sometimes I'm scared and confused and disoriented, sometimes I just need to reach my hand out and feel His Presence, just know He's REALLY there, that's all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I liked your devotional. Comforting to remember and be reminded of.

Here is my blog address. I thought this might be an easy way to give it to you and I would not forget :)

http://growingforeverdaisies.blogspot.com/

Awesome writing, Kelly!
Your friend, Kari

Alyssa said...

To Gracie!!
I loved my Chameleon Bugs and Zolie Bugs!!! AND I LOVE MY BIG GRACIE TOO! :)

-Alyssa