Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Re-entry

Wow - Am I ever out of touch with reality! We are having a great vacation; lots to do, but lots of fun. We head to Dallas tomorrow for a few days.

I laid in bed last night unable to sleep, because I was pondering my upcoming re-entry into reality. I mean, I'm way out of it right now: Greg can see, we have instant babysitters every where, we are walking-distance away from too many great restaurants and shopping opportunities to count, I have birthday money to spend at such places, we have no work and no school (and I'm actually having no problem getting used to this), great books are lying around to be picked up and perused at my leisure, lots of food, great conversation, no real schedules, no mail or bills: major vacation. This is good except that reality will come, and I'm feeling a little concerned about that part.

I have this way of ruining a perfectly good escape from reality by letting that reality invade me in the form of anxiety. A good friend called on my cell phone today to wish me a Happy Birthday, and this good friend challenged me to do no such thing. "There's nothing you can do about reality here while you're on vacation there, so just wait until you get home."

I guess the idea is: it'll be ridiculous anyway, just pile it on at once. I like this advice in theory. I will try to put it into practice over the next few days. However, there is no escaping the reality that today, I am 35 - a few stray gray hairs occasionally wildly growing out of my part. My latest hair-cutting lady said it will be awhile before they really show up with my hair color. For now, I'm plucking.

Happy Birthday to my brother, Paul who shares this special day with me exactly two years apart:
You say it's your birthday...
It's my birthday too, yeah!
Now it's out for Mexican food in honor of both birthdays and in honor of Mexican food. See you later, reality.

3 comments:

Mama Gail said...

We miss y'all already! The house was so quiet when I came home from work today!

Kristen said...

It was sooo great to see you! (I finally figured out how to link my blog from my comments, so you should be able to get to it now!)

Unknown said...

Kelly -

I'm so pleased that one of my employees took the time to forward your blog about MysticMaid to my attention. I certainly feel blessed that I have been able to make a difference in your life with our MysticMaid products. From the very beginning this endeavor (14 years and counting...) has been about our passion of reducing the amount of chemicals in our homes and the environment. We are proud about the products we create in our ‘tiny corner’ of Beaverton, Oregon. We thank you again for your kind words...

Very best wishes,

J.Wayno
Founder
MysticMaid
www.mysticmaid.com