Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The first day of school



Abby and Emma are currently in the middle of their first ever day AT school. They have both been pretty anxious about starting something so new, but within the last couple of days we have been overwhelmed by all of the love and encouragement we've received from friends and family.

We have had many phone calls checking in telling us we're being prayed for. We received a package in the mail from my sister with homemade super cool magnets for Abby's and Emma's lockers along with other fun school stuff. She also sent Grace a craft kit to enjoy at home when her sisters were gone.

Our dear friends, the Larson family, sent a perfectly timed Top 10 List of why GOING to school is cool composed by Logan and Alyssa. We just got it in the mail yesterday, and it is currently hanging on our fridge.

I was the backpack fairy last night, trying to sneak cards into Abby's and Emma's backpacks in their rooms while the were asleep. I was really terrible at it. They both woke up to ask me what I was doing.

"Nothing, you never saw me here. Good night."

By this morning, the anxiety was gone and Abby and Emma seemed mostly just excited.

And Grace and I went to our first "Mom of going to school kids" thing right after we dropped Abby and Emma off. We all met at the Donut shop and laughed and cried a bit and prayed and ate donuts and sat and talked for a long time until the jitters wore off a bit.




3 comments:

Annalisa said...

Congratulations to Abby and Emma on jumping right into a school that has lockers and changing classes (I assume, since it's middle school) and everything. That's brave and neat and I know they're going to have all kinds of bright new experiences.

Erika said...

I am anxious to hear how the first day went! I love you all!

Mama Gail said...

I can't believe how my first two little granddaughters have grown up! Where have the years gone?