Friday, August 22, 2008

NEWS

Just in case you've heard a rumor, NO, I AM NOT EXPECTING.


I really love the shirt styles for women right now: feminine, long, flowy, higher waisted. They're fun, but they do have a slightly ambiguous attitude right around the womb. I put on one of my favorite feminine shirts of just such a style this morning before heading out with Grace to run some errands.


We ran into at least four people we knew, not counting others we may not have noticed (I'm a focused shopper). One particular woman who is very friendly and I just know as an acquaintance visited with me for awhile, and I began to notice that her eyes were occasionally diverting toward that ambiguous area I mentioned. All of you women know how it goes: you CAN'T say anything, because what if you're wrong, but what if you SHOULD notice and it's actually at that point where NOT saying something could be perceived as unconcerned.


Now, if this sweet lady was someone I knew a little better, I would have outright declared to her that no, I am not expecting, to put her at ease... But it didn't seem quite appropriate at the time. If I were her I would have gone to someone in our very little town I knew who knew me and asked, to prepare myself if need be for our next encounter.


AND all of this, could perchance start a rumor that I would like to end right now. There, and now I'm trying to determine if these pretty shirts are worth it.


It is true however, that I have a VERY SHORT new "do." I picked Emma up from school the day I had my hair cut, and she got right in the van and said, "Nice hair, Mom. Dad's not going to like it."

"And why do you say that, Emma?"


"You know Dad likes your hair long."


"Well, for your information, Daddy knew all about this, and he's already seen it and he does like it" -- or at least he is a wise and experienced husband with the perfect first reaction.

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE it, Kelly!! So cute & classy!

Anonymous said...

very cute!!!!! :)

Karen said...

I love your new haircut!!

Erika said...

LOVE the hair, Sis!

Grandma Vonnie said...

Your hair cut is very sophisticated.

Don't know what to say about the stylish shirt that left someone "wondering". However, you did a great job writing about the situation!

SarahDee said...

Ooo! CUTE! Very spunky...fits your fun personality!! Miss you!

Beverly said...

Your hair is lovely and I know what you mean about those tops: very flowy, very ambiguous, at least on women whom others in one's community may suspect to be pregnant. I had to laugh as I imagined you erranding your way through the county. And I know what you mean about not being able/caring to/finding it appropriate to outright confirm or deny a pregnancy suspicion among some dear folks.