Tuesday, August 19, 2008

So far so good

So far so good mostly...

With some normal bumps and foibles, Abby and Emma are finding their way around their new school and through their school day remarkably well. I'm so proud of them. Abby has started daily volleyball practice this week, and she's enjoying it so far.

As for me... Well, I'm having a bit of an extended identity crisis, but I'll get through. I find myself wandering around the house sometime after lunch looking in every room for my cue on what REALLY IMPORTANT thing I should do next. Grace and I are having a great time so far going on nature walks at the arboretum, playing at the playground at the end of our street, reading LOTS of books, doing puzzles... but this is the first time I have ever had only one 4 year old child at home; at some point each day I become completely boring. Grace seems to be enjoying the new look to our days for the most part too.

I am so thankful for my Heavenly Father's faithfulness to me. He is reminding me through little answered prayers of His Presence with Abby and Emma, of His involvement in their lives, and of His love for them. He is reminding me of His sovereignty, and I am so grateful.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so glad Abby & Emma are doing well!

Horn herd mom said...

Hey Kelly! Glad to hear everything is going well. I'm sure you will figure your new schedule out soon. Would you mind emailing me (iowahorns@hotmail.com)? I seem to have lost yours and have a question for you.

Anonymous said...

kelly,
just know that i have thought of you and your family often as you guys go thru this transition! hope this week went well for the girls!

katie