Monday, December 15, 2008

Phil Wickham

Yesterday, Phil Wickham led worship at the church we've been attending. It was not a huge room, and it wasn't overstuffed like some concert. It was a blessed time of beautiful worship. Greg and I already had Phil pegged as one of our favorite worship singers/songwriters, but after yesterday, I'm even more impressed with his music. He LED worship, completely unassuming, completely focused on Christ.

AND, as beautiful as the worship time was, I DID NOT FALL APART. I figured out that all I need to do is bring along a talkative 5-year-old who is really pretty tall for her age and demands to be held so she can see. So, the beautiful worship time was colored not with the propensity toward tears but the propensity toward blowing my top in the middle of church. Such is the real life of a Jesus-follower, I guess.

O, and I got to shake Phil's hand and thank him for being there when it was over. Cool.

1 comment:

Mama Gail said...

Love the PW CD you got us for Christmas!