Thursday, January 8, 2009

Texas winter

I just went for a 3 mile run on January the 8th in shorts and short sleeves under a brilliant blue sky with bright sunshine in my face. I LOVED IT! We'll see, of course, what tune I'm whistling come July, but for now - this really makes me happy.

Greg is in Austin today visiting an artisan roaster who shares the values we do and is a part of an importing co-op we're really interested in. I just say it's nice to go to Austin whatever your reason is, but I'm thinking he'll have a good time learning more from someone already in full-swing business. Thanks for all of your encouragement, by the way. More to come as soon as we know more...

3 comments:

Annalisa said...

We really enjoyed our weekend in Austin when we lived in Texas. Wish we'd had the chance to visit more than once, but I'm sure we'll be back in that neck of the woods someday.

Mama Gail said...

Yes, as I told Annalisa, living in Corpus & Kingsville was not exactly Texas living at its best! We're much prouder of Dallas, Austin & San Antonio. Welcome home, Kelly! As for July - Sept, that's why we have air conditioning!

Greg said...

Well, Smarty-Pants it's 18 degrees here and I most certainly am NOT wearing shorts and July sounds pretty good to us up here in Iowa! LOL!
We are so excited about the coffe and the way cool ministry Greg's involved with! We have lincoln Perk mug we will next need a Holmes Blend mug! LOL!