Sunday, July 18, 2010

All That

You know how you come to that place (most of us do, anyway) called...
"Actually, I'm not ALL THAT" ?
My hope is that this is the place from which we can begin to grow into something.

I was thinking about this today as I drove 2 1/2 hours to meet Greg's parents who were bringing Emma and Grace back from a week spent with both sets of grandparents. I'm currently in a transition between jobs which is inherently offering some much needed emotional, spiritual, and mental margin. I've thoroughly enjoyed having a week to spend a little time on my neglected home, a little time to think, read, pray, and spend every available spare moment with my hubby. The girls are home now, and I feel refreshed like I haven't felt in a very long time, it seems. I am so thankful for my husband, our daughters, our home, our church... I am thankful to feel thankful.

I wrote the following journal entry on 11-9-09:

What am I doing, exactly?
Living what I am not or
What I can grow to be? -
Because they're the same thing,
Really.
And it all depends upon the angle
From which I squint at myself.

Re-reading this and pondering with hope in Another.

1 comment:

cindy + woody said...

Your blog is my favorite...it's the only one I can keep up with! Hugs from Kansas-heart you all! Cindy