Monday, July 26, 2010

Where I am

I went for a "run" today, and it was good to run&think&pray again. I've been back in the mode of "just remember to breathe and put one foot in front of the other" while I run as I'm trying to creep my fitness level up... but for the first time in a long time, I broke through the barrier of straight survival and actually enjoyed myself.

While I ran, I thought about where I am right now: in a beautiful home that Greg and I are enjoying making our own, in a neighborhood with ponds and fountains and nature trails and a swimming pool all within walking distance, in a church I love with an acted upon vision for the broken, confused, poor, and other needs in our community, in a marriage to a man who has loved me completely and faithfully through this adventure so far and for whom I have a deep and ever-growing respect (and he's seriously hot), the mother of three beautiful girls, and in a new job that I couldn't have dreamed up...

And this is a gift, all of it. It was one of those "please don't let me forget this overwhelming sense of gratitude" moments. I have been in a much darker place this past year - a place of dim vision, deep discouragement, and muddled confusion. I have been carried nonetheless, and now I see clearly for a moment...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been so happy to see you pop up in my Google Reader this past week or so and to get a glimpse into your life right now. :) Missy