Friday, March 28, 2008

french fries

The weirdest thing is going on with my face. I am in terrible pain at the moment from the right side of my nose across my cheek and all the way to my mastoid bone behind my right ear. The weird part is that I have been perfectly healthy lately, not a sniffle to be had, and then WHAMMO! out of the blue, the whole right half of my head is throbbing. The bummer is that it became unbearable after office hours today, so if I am indeed dealing with a sinus infection, drugs are a weekend away. O well, that's what ibuprofen is for.




On a brighter note, we just had the most delightful company come and stay with us over Easter. Our dear friends the Larsons arrived on Good Friday and stayed until Monday morning. We feel as though they are family coming to visit, and indeed thanks to Christ, they qualify. We shopped, walked around the Hesston arboretum, swam at the indoor pool, played tennis, played games, talked, ate and ate, had an Easter egg hunt, worshipped together twice, cooked together, watched Enchanted, and stayed up way too late.

Grace kept us laughing, imagine that. Some of our favorite moments...

Grace in the front yard with Rosie, the bad dog whom I love:

"O, I love this dog. She is soooo cute; I wish I had a dog like this."

Alyssa Larson: "Grace, that is your dog."

Grace: "O YEA, I LOVE MY DOG!"

Monday morning as we are all wondering where Emma's solid chocolate bunny mysteriously went...

(refrain)
Grace went running back to her room where we all hear a little cabinet open and close and then the pitter patter of little feet rapidly running toward us.

"HERE, EMMA! HERE IS YOUR CHOCOLATE BUNNY THAT I BORROWED!"

Emma: "Um thanks, Grace. What else did you borrow from my Easter basket?"

Grace: "O, nothing, just some french fries."

Emma: "Could you show me the french fries?"

Grace: "O sure! (Repeat above refrain) Here, Emma! Here are the french fries." She tossed two mini starburst packs at Emma which both happened to be little yellow rectangles.





3 comments:

Erika said...

Sounds like a fabulous celebration with Greg, Kim and kids! I can't believe how grown up your kids and Alyssa and Logan look all together!

Oh, and the next time Gracie's at my house, I'll be sure to keep my french fries... er candy under wraps!

Love ya!

Alyssa said...

Oooh! Aren't we adorable!?!?! :-)
-Alyssa

ps. Erika: Look out! She's a thief who doesn't like bad dudes!! :)

Anonymous said...

hey kelly! im back on here, again. :) anyway...looks like you guys had a great easter! ill see you again in 6 short weeks!!