Monday, March 31, 2008

rice bag

Greg is at a conference right now, and I had a long day. I did make it through the weekend due to a wonderful invention my dear friend Vonnie clued me in on:


THE RICE BAG!

I sewed it myself.

For those of you who are not "in the know" on the hot rice bag, I must fill you in because it is pretty much amazing. You sew a little cotton rectangle and fill it with rice and VIOLA! you have the perfect heat retaining thingie for a throbbing face. You then stick it in the microwave for 30 -45 seconds (as hot as you can bear without burning your face) and put it right across that screaming sinus cavity.

The night before Greg left for his conference, I was laying in bed with hot rice on my face, waiting for ibuprofen to kick in and Monday morning to come complete with a doctor's appointment and subsequent antibiotics. Greg leaned over and said, "Tell me the truth, were you sticking peas up your nose?"

I wasn't.

Anyway, NOW I have antibiotics, a low grade temp, mucinex D, steroid nasal spray, saline spray, ibuprofen, and rice. Things will be getting better soon.

I also have to share pictures of my excellent husband planting trees after he tilled up new garden areas in our yard. I'll keep you posted on our progress. We are SO EXCITED for spring!


This will be a vegetable and herb garden (something the girls have been asking for ever since we moved in).



4 comments:

Mama Gail said...

Glad you got the meds to add the hot rice treatment. I know you'll be very glad to have your excellent husband home this evening.

Grandma Vonnie said...

Kelly, you are becoming quite the seamstress! I hope soon your sinus infection will only be a bad memory! As for the rice bag...it's great for stiff, sore muscles after a hard workout in the vegetable/herb garden as well!

Katie said...

Maybe you could send Greg to our house when he is done planting your garden. Neither Steven or I have a green thumb. I would LOVE to have a garden but all I know how to grow are weeds!

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

i agree...the rice bag does wonders...hope you are feeling better!