Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Birthdays Galore!


Grace Kathryn is FIVE years old today. This is Grace's first birthday celebration at home. We have ALWAYS been on vacation over her birthday, so I decided we should throw together her first ever "friend" birthday party. This poor third-born child looks longingly at pictures of Abby and Emma's previous parties and asks what all the kids are doing, what are they eating, what are they dressed up as, etc...

So today, we had three little girls over for a lunch of mac n cheese, chicken nuggets, and fruit (there's the nutrition, right there). We made tissue paper butterflies and lugged the giant dress-up trunk into the living room and that was pretty much all we needed. They all acted like such little ladies, I couldn't believe it. Nobody yelled for and grabbed at what someone else was wearing. No one cried because someone else had the fancy shoes they wanted. In fact what I heard was...

"O, you look beautiful. Here, you need to wear this tiara, because it goes with that dress."

"Could you please button my dress for me?"

"Here let me find the shoes that go with your dress for you."



And on and on. I got the giggles listening to these little 4 and 5 year old girls acting more grown up than many older girls I listen to (no one in particular, of course).


We had cupcakes with pink frosting and princess sprinkles (which included glass slippers, pearls, golden crowns, and enchanted apples)



And truly much to Abby and Emma's chagrin the whole fun PARTY had to happen while they were at school. That's okay, we'll celebrate as a family tonight, it was Grace's turn.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEET GRACE!
We love you.

Here is Grace wearing the apron my sister made for her out of fabric with a little blond girl and "gracie" printed all over it.

2 comments:

Erika said...

What a BEAUTIFUL birthday girl! Happy Birthday Gracie!! I love you!

-Aunt Erika

Mama Gail said...

Happy Birthday Princess Grace! We love you!