Tuesday, September 23, 2008

whirlwind

Our family just returned on Saturday night from a wonderful and whirlwindy trip to Des Moines. We couldn't start the trip until after Abby's volleyball game on Thursday night. It lasted until 6:00ish, which means we didn't arrive in Des Moines until 1:00 a.m.

Abby did a great job in her game! Here are some photos from a previous game that I've been meaning to post...



Abby is in the back row, far left - #38


Greg had to take a close up, because this is the first time since Abby was four, I think, that she has worn a ribbon in her hair -- it was a volleyball team thing.

The reason for our trip was to celebrate the finalization of our niece's (sweet Lucy's) adoption. Erika and Darin held an Open House party on Saturday. What a privilege it is to watch all of this unfold and to enjoy the blessing of this precious girl.


My sister made a bazillion beautiful, tasty cupcakes that all had hand-piped frosting. Wow! What happened in the genetics between her and I? She dances and she's flexible too.


An added joy was the opportunity to visit with our dear friends the Larsons (minus Alyssa who had previous commitments - sorry Alyssa, we missed you!) who came from Cedar Rapids.






And, I would say, the whirlwind was worth it!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm SOOOO happy you came! It meant so much to me that you were at Lucy's party!! : )

Mama Gail said...

I'm so glad you were able to go! The pictures made my day!