Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Job Description

Yesterday, Grace looked up at me from her drawing at the kitchen table and said,
"Mommy, I want to do the things you do."

"Like what exactly?" I asked.

"Well, like vacuuming the living room, taking naps on the couch, reading Bibles, and feeding babies."

And that was the list - I'm pretty sure "feeding babies" hearkens back to our weekend with cousin Lucy.

I've been pondering my life for the last 24 hours, feeling like perhaps I should read the next chapter of the book I'm making my way through right now by Dr. Leslie Parrott, You Matter More Than You Think.

1 comment:

Grandma Vonnie said...

After having our grandchildren here for a few days, I noted that mundane and boring tasks to us are play for children. (By the way, I think your job description sounds great--where do I apply?)