Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Life Lessons

Recent Lessons Learned:

*Really Super Hot, freshly brewed Ethiopian Sidamo coffee (Mark's Brothers Big World, of course) is a much more pleasant sensation to drink than to feel seeping through my pants. An entirely full cup threw itself right out of my left hand and upside down onto my lap while I sat waiting in the eternal line to pick Emma up from school. I have this coffee snobbery thing against travel tumblers; I want to smell the coffee I'm drinking. I'm over it now.


*Never leave 3X concentrated laundry detergent sitting atop your washing machine. After the mega-spin cycle and a loud crash, I found my washer and dryer sitting in a blue lake ever-growing from the place where the spout used to be on my detergent. Any advice on how to actually clean that up would be appreciated. It's been several days and several mopping sessions and puddles of blue keep emerging from nowhere.

LOVE HUMILITY - LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Mama Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Gail said...

I've never been able to put my finger on why I don't like drinking coffee out of lidded travel mugs - now, I realize it's not a finger issue but a nose issue! I'm still foolishly drinking out of open mugs in the car & sitting at the computer. I've had enough mishaps to know better, but maybe none as painful as yours!