Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday scones


Emma's birthday is Monday - more on that later - but she requested a special breakfast this morning since Greg's at church really early on Sundays and Monday is a school morning.
We made some absolutely delicious whole wheat orange chocolate chip scones. I'm not trying to toot my own horn here; I had my doubts when Emma requested whole wheat. I love whole wheat anything, but scones? What about the tender, buttery fall-apartness - is that possible with whole wheat?

Our friend Jenny who came to visit from Kansas a couple of weeks ago is from a farming family who happens to grow some of the most amazing organic wheat I've experienced. She brought a whole big bucket of wheat berries for us to grind in our mill, and I'm here to tell you I am amazed at how it turned into fabulous scones with no white flour at all.


YUM! Thanks, Goerings!

No comments: