Monday, December 3, 2007

Edification

Greg is in Texas right now. He had his official eye check this morning in San Antonio now that the results of his surgery have stabilized. His eyes looked perfect from what I hear; we are so thankful!

This means that I am currently "holding down the fort" (sort of, in theory). These times are always great opportunities for deep Greg appreciation.

I am trying very hard to make the most of my time by working on the storage room. What I am actually doing is dancing in the storage room. I run from one pile to the next, doing lovely ballet jumps over the piles in my way, spinning to get the full panoramic view and then repeating while my brain gets mushier. I figure after dancing for awhile, some form of organizational genius is bound to hit me and I'll be ready!

I've been commenting about my "purging" operation to the girls today in between school subjects. Emma, being Emma, decided she doesn't like that word and doesn't think it's real, so she's been calling it my "plurging."

Then, at dinner tonight, (which was my homemade broccoli cheese soup; a personal favorite) I was informed that one of my children hates this soup. The same child also informed me that none of the kids at church like it either. I brought it to a soup supper we had last night, so we have a WHOLE LOT left.

"Well thank you, unnamed child, do you think that is actually a nice thing to be saying to your mom who made it??!!"

Then the other child, who loves the soup, was in the middle of telling a story (still at the dinner table) and abruptly interrupted herself to look closely at me and say, "Mom, what is wrong with your hair?!"

"Well, Daddy took the gel."

"Oh, wow, it looks kinda different."

"Yes, well thank you," and on that note of encouragement to cap off a thoroughly self-confidence building sort of day, I'm off to do some more plurging!"

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh dear, I'm sure you're ready for Greg to be back in town!

Mama Gail said...

Would you believe that over lunch yesterday, Greg told us we should call you and tell you to work on the storage room?! As if you could take that seriously coming from us! Well it might have given you a good laugh! We did enjoy our visit with him. His hair looked very nice, now that I remember.

John Buerger said...

Tell the "unnamed child" that John Buerger loves broccoli cheese soup!! She can give her bowl to him, next time. :)

Kelly said...

Thanks, John!

Ashley Nicole said...

Kelly,
I have been searching for a good recipe of broccoli cheese soup--may I have yours??