Monday, December 10, 2007

Next List


This would be one of our "trying to get the lighting for our family Christmas picture just right" pictures, a little too blue.

I am trying to get my blog post in before the pending ice storm takes out our power for two weeks - just have to be prepared. We do currently have pretty serious rain falling with threatening temperatures. Candles and down throws are ready...

Our Christmas tree is now officially up - see Greg's blog for details. My favorite quote from the experience...

Emma: "Mom, I'm putting the tree skirt on."

Mom: "No, Emma. We don't even have the ornaments on yet, and more needles will fall that I'll need to vacuum before we can put the skirt on -"

Emma: "Mom, I mean I'm REALLY putting the tree skirt on!"

So, here's our beautiful tree and the girls, including Emma wearing the tree skirt. Grace was so inspired, she put on one of Emma's old ballet skirts to fully be "in the moment."


The Smells of Christmas that I Love (A Holmes Family kitchen table list):
  • peppermint

  • baking sugar cookies

  • coffee

  • pine needles

  • chimney smoke

  • cinnamon

  • scented candles

  • cold and frosty

Feel free to add your favorites in my comments!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm loving your lists!! To this one I'll add: freshly baked gingersnaps

Mama Gail said...

Emma looks lovely in the Christmas tree skirt.