Friday, December 14, 2007

What I would like for Christmas

I ate queso for lunch the other day. I don't know why I did it, except that the San Antonio in me occasionally calls my name in a very loud tex-mex craving sort of way. After eating my FILL I, of course, felt rather badly about myself. Once again I thought about something I would really like for Christmas - A TREADMILL.

I am appealing to you because Greg does not think I should have a treadmill for Christmas. He says:
  1. Good treadmills cost too much money.
  2. Our house is not big enough for a treadmill.
  3. He doesn't think I would actually use a treadmill.
  4. Many other reasons were you to ask him.

Here's why he is wrong. We had a short membership to a fitness center here (given to us as a gift). I LOVED running on the treadmill while I watched HGTV. Actually, what I really want is a treadmill and HGTV. That's all. I would really and truly use it every day (or almost anyway). It's too cold, icy, and potentially snowy to run outside.

Greg offered his perfect solution to my dilemma:

"Here's what you can do, Kelly! I figured it out. You can run in place while Abby or Emma reads to you from your Home Companion Magazine!"

So anyway, I want a treadmill.

4 comments:

Sabrina said...

Two words: Yak Tracks.
$27.00 at Scheel's or other sporting goods' stores. Uncle Mark got a pair over the weekend. They go over your running shoes and are quite miraculous. He has been seen running all over south Lincoln on solid ice. Quite the sight! Much cheaper than a treadmill plus you get the added bonus of people doing double takes when you run by them.

Mama Gail said...

I think your aunt is missing your point, but I would like to see Mark running on ice. You, however, obviously have a legitimate need for the treadmill/HGTV combo.

Greg said...

Kelly, Kelly, Kelly. It's not gonna work. Mustering support on your blog doesn't help your cause. You are not convincing anyone... except your mother... who you appear to be playing like a fiddle.

Mama Gail said...

Ouch, Greg, that hurts!