Friday, February 1, 2008

Beautiful Day

I'm sitting here at my computer waiting for my chai to steep and eagerly anticipating date night starting in about an hour and a half while my daughters watch PBS.

We woke up to the beautifully stunning effects of an ice fog. In fact, first thing this morning, Emma took one look out the window and said, "Mom, I've got to take a picture of that!"

She raced back to her room to throw on clothes and ran to the next street to capture this:


I'm so glad she did. Even though the temp. has barely risen above freezing today, the thick frost was mostly gone by later morning. I am continually amazed at our AMAZINGLY CREATIVE CREATOR. He inserts beauty to delight the ones looking, and I love catching one of His wonders in action. I am ashamed of my often unobserving eyes, missing His glory. Today, we got it!

After library storytime for Grace this morning and choir for Abby (we figure a guitar player better be able to hold her own when she sings; this is a great vocal training choir), we met some friends for swimming. It seems like a study in contrasts based on the above picture, but we NEEDED SOME EXCERCISE, and it was an indoor pool. I sat on my bottom visiting the whole time, but the girls swam for 3 HOURS! My friend Brandey who also happens to be date night babysitter will be VERY HAPPY.








And I'm feeling blessed by a chance to get away with my hubby tonight: dinner at Bella Luna (great mediterranean food), Target of course, Hobby Lobby for quilt batting and backing (not real excited about that stop, but we have to get it while we're in the big city), and who knows what else. I just enjoy spending time with that guy, and he's handsome too, which is nice.

1 comment:

Grandma Vonnie said...

I also enjoyed the beauty of the frost yesterday morning. What amazes me is the most striking beauty is also the most fleeting...frost, dewdrops, rainbows, sunrises, and sunsets..to name a few.

I was VERY impressed with your quilt. It is stunningly beautiful and the workmanship is excellent. You praised your capable teacher, Jenny. You and your daughters have obviously been good students. I also like the fabric you chose for the back--it is perfect.