Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pink eye party

We just had a PINK EYE PARTY! In honor of our quarantine, the girls and I watched Anne of Green Gables. What a great movie. I don't think I've actually watched the whole thing before today. We laughed, cried, made a memory.

I cooked up a fun dinner including curly fries. Grace took one look at the wiggly designs on the cookie sheet and said, "EWWWW, icky worms."

And we capped the party off with a coaxing, pleading, prying hands off of eyes session of administering eye drops. Bet you wish you were invited.

4 comments:

Erika said...

What a great mom you are! Some of my most fond memories are the things mom would do for me when I was sick! She picked out and rented some of the BEST movies when I was sick that are still some of my favorites now. I'm praying for you and love you!!

Mama Gail said...

Aww, Erika, that was sweet. Kelly, I thought you girls would love seeing Anne of Green Gables together. That is also a favorite of your cousin Natalie's and I think she is still waiting for her own Gilbert Blythe to make his appearance. I would have loved to be there for your party, icky worms and all, as long as I could decine the eyedrops.

Beverly said...

Hi Kelly,
It was nice to see you briefly the other Saturday. I hope your girls' pink eye troubles are over by now. I enjoy checking in with your homeschooling endeavors and getting inspired by the Holmes family. May I put your blog (and I'll ask Greg about his, too) on my list of frequently visited blogs?

Kelly said...

Sure, Bev. Thanks!