Friday, March 6, 2009

Let the roots sink

WE HAVE MOVED INTO OUR HOUSE! We won't have normal amenities like internet access or home phone or t.v. for another week, but we love our home and feel so blessed to be in it. As soon as I feel a bit more together (and have internet access), I'll post some pictures.

Emma started at her new school yesterday and loved it! I was prepared for the terrible and scary first day, but instead I had a daughter who was so eager to go back she woke me up this morning at 6:15 a.m. fully dressed and ready for school saying, "You aren't up yet; it's already 6:15!"

"Yes, Emma, the alarm doesn't go off until 6:30. We don't have to leave for another hour and 20 minutes."

She didn't remember all of those details.

Abby starts school Tuesday. Grace is loving having her dress up clothes back. Greg is firing up his roaster, and my kitchen is completely unpacked.

God is good.

9 comments:

Mama Gail said...

I can't wait to visit y'all in your new Texas home :)

Kristen said...

You've been busy!! I'm so glad Emma's first day was great! I'll be praying the same for Abby. :)

Annalisa said...

It feels good to get the settling-in process started, doesn't it? Glad you all are finally at your new place!

The Hieberts said...

Yes, God is good! I am so very glad for you and I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Tami

Rice Family said...

Kelly, I have been reading your blog for quite a while, but have never commented. Today is dance pictures at Angel Feet and I thought now would be a good time to tell you how much your girls will be missed at recital. I am glad to hear you have a home and wish you God's blessings.
Sara Rice

Erika said...

I can't wait to see you!!! It won't be long!

Meditations and Prayer said...

We are so grateful to God for how He has been working in your lives and with the new business! We continue to miss you and pray for you! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you settling in! Happy for you guys. I'm sure the school is happy to have Emma. Hope Abby has a great start, too. Connie says hi to Grace and sends a hug. Keep us posted on the coffee. We do not drink coffee but have family who love it!

Hannah said...

So glad to know that you are settling in! How fun to feel settled again. I'm still praying for you as you continue your adjustment.