Saturday, March 28, 2009

Where am I?

Do you ever feel like you're having a hard time finding yourself, because as soon as you catch up with yourself, you're somewhere else?

Yes, I know that's life and everybody feels that way, but I really can't seem to remember if I left myself at the really large pile of boxes still upstairs w-a-i-t-i-n-g to be attacked or the upstairs computer slowly slogging through quickbooks tutorials or the downstairs computer getting our HSA account together or in the laundry room doing... laundry or getting Emma (who is sick today) chicken broth or trying to create files for the piles.

O well, I'm sure I'll end up somewhere.

In the meantime I just found out that a dear friend of mine has her own etsy shop for her beautiful hand painted cards. She has given me some of her cards as a gift, and I love them. They are truly hand painted by someone who genuinely wants to make people feel special. Kristen is someone I had the opportunity to "mentor" while she was a part of our youth group in Iowa. I always felt the most blessed by our time together. She and her husband and sweet baby girl are now here in Dallas while her hubby attends DTS. Check out her cards at thelittlestdaisy.etsy.com

May you know where you are today!



2 comments:

Mama Gail said...

So sorry Emma is sick - give her our love and I sure hope whatever she caught doesn't catch up with the rest of you. Kristen's cards look beautiful. I remember her from your Iowa days - a lovely young lady. It's interesting to see how these tough times are bringing people's creativity to the forefront. I hope you find yourself again soon :) I am wearing so many hats at work these days, that's where I'm most likely to have my own identity crisis. I am in a new training class learning to don a new hat every time I turn around. But I guess there's job security in that so I'm not complaining.

terry sue said...

Remember the old Clint Black song which stated, "Wherever you go....there you are. You can run from yourself, but you won't get far." Perhaps this will help :)! Miss you lots!