Thursday, August 9, 2007

Homegrown Lunch

While the blazing sun cooked everything outside of our house (feels like 109 outside according to the weather people), we enjoyed the blessings of this very same summer by feasting on a mostly homegrown lunch inside our gloriously air conditioned house.



Menu

Luscious, homegrown, super-sweet corn dripping with butter and sprinkled with salt

Homegrown juicy, candy-sweet musk melon (cantaloupe, for all you city slickers)

Crisp, refreshing homegrown cucumbers sprinkled in salt or dipped in Ranch

Hard-boiled eggs that I'm sure were raised somewhere, but I bought at the store


In light of all of the griping I could be doing about the intensity of this heat, I decided not to. Were it not this very season, right here in Kansas, we could not be experiencing the blessings of others' gardens!


By the way, we all looked just like this by the time we were done. Grace was the only one who didn't mind publicly sharing the joy...



2 comments:

Mama Gail said...

That is one adorable little girl! Sure wish her name showed up with mine in the published results of the Emma Creek Classic.

terry sue said...

Hey Kelly,
I just wanted you to know that I kinda got hooked on reading your blog. It's a good way to keep me in touch with you, yours, and your lives. I appreciate the honesty expressed here, the positiveness, the creative writing and the spiritual applications. It feels like I'm sitting across the table from you (or in the north overflow in church:) and hearing about your life! How fun!

p.s. How many Terrys do you know?
p.p.s. Will I know that you read this???