Thursday, August 2, 2007

Through The Eyes of The Easily Impressed



I have to share this picture of our new, beautiful clematis vine growing on the trellis that Greg put in this summer. I love these flowers, and this is the first time we've ever planted clematis. Two thumbs up from me!

Next I have to tell you about something that has changed my life. For all of you that actually live exciting lives, perhaps you can take this opportunity to spend a few moments seeing through the eyes of one who is easily amused and impressed.


You are about to read an infomercial. I'm sorry, but I have to share a fabulous new product with you, because it really has transformed my life (well, in a surfacey sort of way - pun 100% intended). I am not receiving one drop of commission, credit, or any other business-related benefit, just so you know...




The product is called the Mystic Maid. All it is is a microfiber cleaning cloth, but it is miraculous! I was just introduced to it while cleaning the ballet studio where Emma dances.


As an aside, Emma is a beautiful dancer, and her ballet director wants her in three classes this year. Well, I only budgeted one, so she has graciously let me work a bit for her to pay for two other classes.

Anyway, Miss Dunri hands me this little cloth and says, "If you want to clean the studio mirrors, just use this a bit damp but not drippy."

"Just damp with water?" I ask skeptically.

"Yes, these are amazing," she says.

"We'll see," I say to myself. Who ever heard of cleaning a huge roomful of floor to almost ceiling mirrors with water?! Well, obviously, you know what happened. I was astounded; the mirrors were beautiful with not one streak.

So, of course, I needed one of these for my very own. After convincing Greg that this was $13.00 well-spent, an investment, really- no more cleaners, it's washable and re-usable, I now have one! It's even better than I thought. This little cloth is designed to be used with water only. The cloth is made of microscopic microfiber split into thousands of micro-hooks and channels to "collect, trap, and remove dirt, dust, grease, and grime."

I know about those microscopic fiber hook and channel thingies, because one of our science books for school last year was the Usborne internet-linked Complete Book of the Microscope, and they showed us just such fabric.

Anyway, I have done our windows, mirrors, stove top, bathrooms, grease-covered stuff that no cleaner had gotten before, etc. And I am truly amazed!

Just had to share this exciting news with you. I bought mine at a hoity-toity kitchen store, but there's a website too http://www.mysticmaid.com/ .

Hope you've appreciated this message brought to you by Kelly, a (at least for now) faithful mysticmaid enthusiast and hopefully, at least a valued customer.

5 comments:

Grandma Vonnie said...

Kelly,

Your clemantis is beautiful. You are creating a backyard oasis that will only become more lovely as time passes. Have you seen our friend Debbie's garden blog? You can find it at http://kansasprairiegarden.blogspot.com/.

If I wasn't busy packing up for our trip, I'd rush right out and by myself a MysticMaid cleaning cloth--I need something like that! I'll remember you and your family melting in the midwestern heat and enduring this unbelieveable humidity while we bask in the coolness of Alaska! (Really, I'll miss you.)

Mama Gail said...

I'll probably go to the MysticMaid website & order myself one of those miracle cloths, but I sure with you could get paid commission for it.

Love,
Mom

Tara Shae said...

Hey Kelly! I hadn't yet had a chance to leave a comment on your wall posts...but you are great, can I just tell you? You know how you meet somebody and you just click. Well, your personality and love for God just shine through you and I was upset about having to work a Saturday night, but it so worked out in the end. Anyways, I kinda lost the paper that you wrote your e-mail address on...so if you just want to e-mail me sometime it is TaraShae@ku.edu I'm actually moved up to Lawrence already and we've started preparing for Rush week at the sorority. OH BOY! Well, I hope to hear from you soon and that your milk steaming woes are a thing of the past!

Tara

PS- I think you know my mentor/friend from church, Steph Kaufman is her name and she has 3 girls in the dance class that you go to. When I told her the story of "how I met the lady that wrote the article that I read" she said that she knew you!

Mama Ann said...

Your clemantis is beautiful and the picture you took looks like something from a garden book. Very professional!

As for the MysticMaid cleaning cloth, you convinced me. I ordered one from their website today.

Unknown said...

Kelly -

I'm so pleased that one of my employees took the time to forward your blog to my attention. I certainly feel blessed that I have been able to make a difference in your life with our MysticMaid products. From the very beginning this endeavor (14 years and counting...) has been about our passion of reducing the amount of chemicals in our homes and the environment. We are proud about the products we create in our ‘tiny corner’ of Beaverton, Oregon. We thank you again for your kind words...

Very best wishes,

J.Wayno
Founder
MysticMaid
www.mysticmaid.com