Friday, August 17, 2007

Okay, so WHERE HAVE I BEEN?! The sad thing is, I'm really not sure... maybe you can help me. Life really took over these past two weeks. I hate it when that happens. I DO NOT thrive on busy-ness. I am not driven, high-energy, or otherwise TYPE A. Please excuse my absence; I'm just experiencing temporary (I hope) technical difficulties.

We started school, and it's really going well, but boy howdy, I'm amazed at what we pack into a day! So, I'm finding that I'm a touch exhausted in the late afternoons. Then if it happens to be a working evening, I'm off to pull espresso shots. Or I can attend a meeting I thought was critical but turned out to be a wasted hour of my life (O.K., I know some would argue that every meeting is this, but this particular meeting was really and completely not for me - turned out to be about basketball - for high schoolers). I also got to fit a "quick" doctor's appointment into the middle of a school day that was two hours longer than expected, due to an emergency he had to attend to.




Emma also started dance again this week. I got to watch her a bit today. I love that; she's a beautiful dancer, but it is also two more afternoons of trying to remember where I am and should be. I'll get it eventually...



I'm expecting at any moment to slow down or at least adjust and get over it, but it was kind of a hard week.

Well, the really exciting thing is that I DO KNOW where I will be this weekend. Abby and I leave tomorrow for our Passport 2 Purity weekend get-away to Kansas City. Pictures and stories forthcoming. My wonderful hubby is single-parenting it this weekend with Emma and Grace - perhaps more stories forthcoming, but not pictures; I'll have the camera.


I'm going to bed now to be well-rested for this weekend (all except for it is now 12:50 am) Yikes!

3 comments:

Erika said...

I LOVE those pictures of Emma! Brings back great memories of getting ready to go to my dnce lessons when I was her age! : )

terry sue said...

Hey Kelly,
My prayers were with you and Abby this weekend, as well as with Greg and the others. Hope it went well for all. What a great idea! Looking forward to the "report"!

Kristen said...

How was the weekend? Can't wait to hear all about it! I can't believe how old Abby is getting.