Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Date Night


Abby finished knitting her hat - Congratulations, Abby!!



In the mornings I am going through a great product by Family Life called What God Wants for Christmas (www.whatgodwantsforchristmas.com) with Grace. Mom and Dad bought this for us last year to stash away for this Christmas.

Each morning there is a new little gift box for Grace to open that adds a new character to our nativity set and a new part to a poem for me to read to her that introduces that character and their part to play in the Christmas story. We are enjoying it very much, and Grace loves to play with the characters in the little stable scene included.

Today Grace opened Baby Jesus to join Joseph, Mary, and the angel Gabriel. Right away, after I read the poem to Grace, I heard her begin to role-play with the characters. I saw her put Gabriel right next to Baby Jesus' manger bed. "I'll stay here and watch you," Gabriel (in a very Grace-like voice) said.

"Where are Joseph and Mary, Grace?" I asked her.

"Well, they're here." I noticed Grace had the two of them over on the yellow chair. "They're on a date."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...i stumbled onto your site from john's...anyway...i wanted to just tell you that you have one talented daughter!!! :)
anyway, how are you doing? are you still working at lincoln perk?

Mama Gail said...

Mary & Joseph on a date - Grace is definitely the daughter of Greg & Kelly Holmes! Very cool hat, Abby - well I'm sure it's a warm cool hat, right?

Erika said...

That hat is awesome! I'm so proud of Abby! Those stripes were a lot of work!