Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Kelly's Deep Thought

I love the passage in Matthew 23:37 that is also repeated elsewhere in Scripture where Christ talks about God's love for Israel. He shows God as a loving Father longing to tenderly care for His children. As children of the New Covenant because of faith in Jesus, we can also be children of our Father and cared for in this way...

"How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings..."

Greg talked about this passage (the Luke version) on Sunday and actually said, "God protects His chicks." (Referring to His care for His children)

My deep thought in response...

That would be an awesome Women's Ministry t-shirt (albeit slightly out of context)-
God protects His chicks!

1 comment:

Tara Shae said...

Hey Kelly! I certainly like that very much as a T-shirt idea. As always...I enjoy keeping you with your blog. It makes me feel as if I know you even that much better. I'll be home over christmas break for an entire month! I know that the holidays are super busy, but I didn't know if you would maybe have some time to grab some coffe or anything? Let me know what ya think...OR I'm also working at LP over the break...so maybe we'll have a shift together. Stay warm!