Monday, November 5, 2007

Drive-thru

I've decided to share with the world (or at least those in it who read my blog) what I SHOULD be doing over the next week or so. I'm sharing this because nothing in me actually wants to do it, but everything in me does want it done. My purpose in sharing this is to expose it, to turn on the pressure, to MAKE ME DO IT!

I am supposed to organize the storage room.
*
You've already heard about my organizing woes. The desk has got nothing on the storage room. Does anything about that phrase sound nice "STORAGE ROOM" - who wants to organize something called that?
*
Anyway, I hope to share my progress over the next several days, weeks, months... No pictures, I'm not ready for extreme exposure.
*
On a lighter note, I took Rosie, my bad dog whom I love to the drive-thru at Lincoln Perk today. She was very hyper in the truck, because 1) she rarely rides in the truck and 2) it's usually only to go to the vet. She began to whimper and kind of hop and dance next to me, a bundle of excited nerves all wrapped up inside a bad dog who's a little too big. The fun thing about bringing your dog through the drive-thru at Lincoln Perk is that we always keep milk-bones in a little jar to give out to any dogs who happen to come through.
*
Well, since Rosie thought she was going to the vet, the first thing she did when my nice fellow employee friend opened the window was to fiercely bark at her. Thankfully my friend loves dogs and understood about the whole vet confusion. She reached across and gave Rosie (who was now standing across my lap) a milk-bone.
*
Rosie thought this was the best thing she had ever experienced so far in her life, so she kept doing a hopping dance on my lap reaching her neck as far through the window as she could hoping for more. My friend gave her two more which means Rosie was so excited I couldn't even have my window down anymore to get my coffee without holding on to her collar or she would have jumped right into that place. When I finally grabbed two coffees (one for me and one for Greg who was at home with the girls) one at a time so as to keep my dog from launching through the window, I had to shove Rosie off of my lap, so I could see out of my windshield.
*
All in all, I felt pretty cool driving around in a red, stick-shift pick-up truck with my big dog Rosie hop-dancing next to me. Rosie, well this was the best day of her life so far.

4 comments:

terry sue said...

Oh, my heart goes out to you! I feel your pain in this as you make yourself accountable! You are brave! I am sooo unorganized!! I would change that about myself if I could. Do you think that is something that can be learned and changed, even if your bent is toward messiness? I worked on it this summer, but didn't gain as much as I would have liked. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you undertake. Maybe I'll be inspired to do more with this place!

Erika said...

Rosie cracks me up. One time I took Minnie with me to the Starbucks drive-thru, but they didn;t give her anything! ; ( I guess that's what we get for going to a chain and not a local coffee shop like Lincoln Perk.

Mama Gail said...

I would have loved to have seen Rosie hop-dancing on your lap in the truck. Not exactly the coolest image of a truck driving woman and her dog!

Mama Ann said...

The picture of you driving a pickup with a big dog hop-dancing next to you is hilarious. When do you plan to treat her again?

When we used to take Mollie, our dalmatian, in the car, she would get her head right next to the ear of the driver and howl like a wolf. Not near as cool as you and Rosie.