Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thank you

Now thank we all our God with hearts and hands and voices,
Who wondrous things hath done, In whom His world rejoices;
Who, from our mothers' arms, Hath blessed us on our way
With countless gifts of love, And still is ours today.

For Your amazing love that seems always to me, when I think about it, too good to be true;
That it is true, in spite of me, even because of me.

That You are faithful, always faithful, in pain, faithful, in hope and joy, faithful, in loneliness, nonetheless faithful, in confusion, faithful, in bitter disappointment, faithful, in doubt, faithful, in great provision, faithful, in need, faithful...
For You know pain and joy. You know me, and still, You love me.

For Your grace that loves me in the midst of my sinfulness and selfishness and reaches down to me, through Jesus - because of Jesus, to offer to me a relationship with the God of the universe, with You. It shouldn't be, but it is, and that is grace.

Thank You; I am amazed.



No comments: