Saturday, July 12, 2008

Bood pirp

Emma and Greg just returned from a memory-making bike ride that involved a surprising deluge of rain and of other things that sometimes fall from the sky, especially when the sky has birds in it.

After hearing a bit about their adventure, I responded with, "I can't believe a bood pirped on Emma's head!" Some spoonerisms just come out a whole lot better than others, and this particular one had me in tears shortly after I heard it come out of my mouth.

Anyway, yesterday we had the opportunity to go see the Wichita Children's Theater's production of The Boy Who Cried Wolf. We went with some friends and had a great time eating lunch there, watching the play/musical, and then heading back to our house for fun on the "slipper slide." Kansas is not the place for any sort of incline, so the kiddos definitely had to make the slip or slide thing happen all by themselves; but they had great fun.

Here are a few favorite pics:


And, of course, Grace and Malea had to dress up:

5 comments:

Mama Gail said...

Oh my, Grace & Melea fit in the flower girls dresses Abby & Emma wore in Aunt Erika's wedding!? Where does the time go? Grece was only 2 months old then!

Erika said...

I thought I recognized those dresses from somewhere! : )

Grandma Vonnie said...

The two princesses are lovely!

(BTW, I had to look up spoonerism..."a transposition of usually initial sounds of two or more words")

Annalisa said...

I love the hyperactive wand-waving action in the dress-up picture.

Mama Gail said...

As I recall Spoonerisms are named after the legendary Rev. Spooner, who was famous or infamous for them. Two of his best known:

"The Lord is shoving leopard."
"Mardon me padam, may I sew you to another sheet?"