Thursday, July 3, 2008

The third of July





Today was the day of THE BIG TENNIS TOURNAMENT that always caps off about six weeks of lessons and play dates for Abby and Emma. We had a great time. I love tennis tournaments, especially on a beautiful day like today. I don't think it ever got out of the 70's (if so, not by much), and it's all about the time outside with friends and snacks and some tennis.








Now the pre-fourth of July (as in the 3rd) celebration is in full-swing outside our open windows. It is 10:10 p.m., and my children are "trying" to go to sleep with all of the boom-hiss-screech-light show beckoning them to the window, while I remind them that the big party is tomorrow and late night tomorrow will be more difficult after a late one tonight.
I don't think my logical reasoning is terribly convincing.

1 comment:

Mama Gail said...

Love the picures! I have so many memories of your high school tennis tournaments, but you have the fuller perspective of being not only a tennis mom, but also a tennis player. Your dad & brother are out playing tennis right now after having watched Wimbledon on TV for awhile this morning. It's in the low 80's here, not bad for us. Happy Fourth to you all!