Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Abby!



HAPPY 12TH BIRTHDAY, ABBY!

It doesn't matter how old I am - the fact that I now have a 12 year old makes me old. Wow! Greg and I realized today that we only have one more year that we won't have a teenage girl in our home before around 14 years of teenage daughterdom.

Honestly, I am loving this time. It's such a blessing to interact with our oldest daughters in a more grown up way and have deeper conversations. I am fascinated by their unique personalities and talents (and weaknesses). I love to hear them pray. I love to watch their tastes develop. And, I love that we can play with Klutz Icky Poo that Grace gave Abby for her birthday (aka "sticky poo" by Emma and "Icky Poop" by Grace), see picture below:


It was a fun day for Abby. We started with her requested birthday breakfast of...
breakfast sausage... and anything else we wanted. The important thing was breakfast sausage - links. We also had buttermilk pancakes and o.j. - two other favorites. She had a great time opening gifts, enjoying them, receiving some special phone calls, having a guitar lesson, going to volleyball camp (everyday this week from 3-5), and having some surprise gifts dropped off throughout the day from friends.




Requested birthday dinner was bar-b-que beef sandwiches, homemade fries, green beans (o.k., those were not requested; I threw those in), and chocolate chip cake and vanilla ice cream for birthday dessert.




Then we watched a family movie, and now we're calling it a day.



We love you so much, Abby!

7 comments:

Annalisa said...

Happy birthday to Abby!

Jenna said...

GOSH! She's growing up so fast and getting so PRETTY! Happy birthday, Abby!

Mama Gail said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Gail said...

Happy Birthday Senorita Abby-cita! You're beautiful and we love you!

Erika said...

Wow Abby! I can't believe you're 12! So grown up and so beautiful!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday, Abby! You are beautiful! :)

SarahDee said...

Oh my gosh. 12?!?! How can that be?
HAPPY belated birthday Abby!