Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Bank

SOOO, today was the big day Greg and I needed to open a bank account here in good ole' Texas. It's a little different doing this without an actual address of our own, but we had the OK from very dear friends who also happen to be family who also happen to share (own) our current place of residence.
This would be interesting factor #1

Next, I realized while we were walking through the parking lot that we would need a recent piece of mail with our names plus our current place of residence address on it to show that we do, in fact, currently reside here. The ONLY such evidence I had with me was: a post card from the small town library we just moved away from letting us know that we have a fine due on a late returned book. EXCELLENT.
Interesting factor #2

A VERY NICE lady helped us. In the process, she asked, "Okay, so where do the two of you work now?"
A bit of silence...
"Well, nowhere just yet, we're in transition."
(Does everybody really have to hear THE STORY?)
No, she didn't, she was really and truly VERY NICE after all (she had red hair and will be moving to S.A.).
Interesting factor #3

And then we got to the referral credit part where we let them know about our dear friends who also happen to be family who also happen to bank there. This is when they get a small bit of cash, and so do we, for talking in nice ways about the bank. This is when the VERY NICE lady just needed to make quite sure that the addresses were correct..
"OK, so the very same address?"
"Yep, for now."
Interesting factor #4

No problem.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Kelly -

I have been praying for you and your family. Let me know if I can help in anyway.

Love,
Katie

Beverly said...

Oh, welcome to your new life! I had an opportunity to visit with Greg before you moved. Said I would send a card and didn't. I think of you when I drive past your former street-under-construction. I'm praying you all will flourish in your new beginning together and know a whole lot of peace and joy together along the way. It was good to know you a bit in person, and I'll look forward to continuing to follow your blogs.