Saturday, July 14, 2007

Big Birthday Bash



We just returned (as in two hours ago) from a whirlwind trip to Dallas to visit Greg's brother and sister-in-law (Brian and Melanie) and family. Our niece Hannah turned 16 last month, so this was our better-late-than-never BIG BIRTHDAY BASH.



They just put in a pool, so we had been planning a pool party; but monsoons had delayed things a bit. Gracious Hannah decided we should come this weekend and make it a DOUBLE BIG BIRTHDAY BASH, because Abby will turn 11 on Monday. We made the most of our 44 hours there...


H I G H L I G H T S

Swimming, of course

Fabulous Food: grilled salmon and Farfalle Alfredo, pizza on the grill, croissant sandwiches, chocolate mousse birthday cake, really good coffee...

Great conversation - I love that

Laughing at youtube

Presents!

Going to SuperTarget (not something I get to do everyday like I could in Iowa, now that the closest one is 40 minutes away); Thanks, Melanie!

Finding out my sister now has a blog! She called to tell me while we were on our way to Dallas. The address is: http://knittinghummel.blogspot.com/

Sleeping in a super comfy bed

Visiting the Heard Museum to see the Snake Exhibit - Abby thinks snakes are fascinating and knows all about them!

And meeting Rapunzel the Hamster who is actually named Sophie. Due to an odd cross-breeding of some sort, she has antennae made of fur growing right behind her ears (thus my nickname for her). Melanie held her for the picture. I knew you'd have to see it to believe it...









2 comments:

Erika said...

Looks like you all had a great weekend! I really like Rapunzel-I mean Sophie! -Erika

Mama Gail said...

Wonderful pictures - looks like fun was had by all. Happy Sweet Sixteenth Birthday to Hannah! We recently spent time with your young cousins, Meagan & Natalie - both are 16 now. How did this happen? And now our Abby is going to be 11!