Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Fairy House



Today was a beautiful, cool day in stark contrast to the stifling heat and humidity that has been imprisoning us within our air-conditioned walls. In celebration, the girls and I went to the park - FREEDOM!




We slid, swang, conversed, climbed, and temporarily adopted a pet toad. Emma (with creative inspiration from Abby, Grace, and I) constructed this enchanting fairy house.




My grandma (Mama Ann) is famous around our house for her childhood love of fairies and for the stories we've heard of her fairy house construction. As soon as Emma felt her fairy cottage was delightfully complete, she said, "Mom, please take a picture so we can send it to Mama Ann."




Mama Ann, here is our fairy house built by your inspiration and in your creative honor. I LOVE that we are not too old for this!




4 comments:

Mama Gail said...

I love this post and I love these pictures - what more can I say!?

Jenna said...

I have never heard of fairy houses before, what a fun introduction!

Tell Emma that I love her fairy house. I'm going to have to make those with my children someday. :)

Annalisa said...

Hi, Kelly! This is your cousin Annalisa. :-) Aunt Gail sent me the link to your blog, and I've been having fun reading your posts and looking at your gorgeous pictures. The "fairy house" is lovely--reminds me of the worlds I would build outside when I was a kid.

Mama Ann said...

Well, I finally discovered how to leave a comment, so here goes. The fairy house is wonderful and brings back many memories for me. Thanks for thinking of me and including a picture.

I love all the pictures, what a wonderful way to keep up with what is going on in your life. I'll be checking in on your blog regularly.