Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Creative Us

CONGRATULATIONS, Emma on finishing your sweater! TA-DA!



Here is Abby's progress on the hat she's knitting for herself...






And our wonderfully talented friend Jenny started a sewing class with us today. She came over to our house where we set up four sewing machines on our kitchen table (we only have two, but Jenny brought one, and our friend Ellen is joining us for the class with her sewing machine). We had already picked out fabric according to Jenny's recipe for our very own personalized pillow cases. I made one for Grace.







I LOVED IT!! We had coffee, chai, hot cocoa, white chocolate chunk macadamia nut cookies, fabric everywhere, the ironing station, the pinning station, the cutting station, and the sewing station. We had Italian Cafe' music on in the background. And by the end...

Abby had a fun bandanna pillowcase
Emma had a fabulous horse pillowcase
Gracie had a sparkly ballerina princess pillowcase
and Ellen had an elegant grown-up pillowcase


And I don't even know what I'm doing; I really hope this becomes a bit of a habit. Thanks, Jenny!

5 comments:

Erika said...

YEA! That looks like so much fun! I wish I was there! Can I interest you in scheduling your next sewing class in Iowa? Jenny and Ellen wouldn't mind road tripping with you would they?
And I am stunned by Abby and Emma's knitting and crocheting accomplishments!

Kristen said...

That is so fun!! Congratus to the girls on their creative abilities!

Annalisa said...

What a crafty family! Looks like y'all had a lot of fun.

Mama Gail said...

Wow! Emma's sweater is beautiful and Abby's hat looks very cool, but I'm sure it will also be very warm. I like the colors. And a great time was obviously had by all at the first sewing class. Sweet dreams, girls!

Katie said...

You are a very creative bunch! I love the pillow cases and Emma's sweater turned out beautiful!