Saturday, October 13, 2007

updates



Grace started riding her new big girl bike today. She loved it; it's definitely more efficient travel than her trike. Here is the song she sang today while she rode her bike (make up your own tune that sounds catchy; Grace is always creating unique tunes of her own design for her songs):

I have a new bike;

Daddy put on training wheels.

I ride in the street with somebody else.

I ride all by myself in the street.

I hurt my knee...

Right here.


She actually did NOT ride all by herself in the street, but it certainly makes for a more dramatic line in the song.

Emma has started crocheting a sweater for herself. We bought all the yarn last night, and this is how far she has gotten today. It will be BEAUTIFUL!



Abby has found a new sport - volleyball. She is really enjoying it and doing quite well for having just begun to learn. Although she is left-handed, she has realized (thanks to Miss Brandey, the former volleyball coach who is also left-handed) that she can really launch her overhand serve right-handed. I didn't get a picture of that today, so I'll have to post one later. For anyone who may be wondering, No - Abby did not apparently get her volleyball skills from me!

3 comments:

Annalisa said...

Wow, sounds like some amazing accomplishments are afoot for all three girls!

Mama Gail said...

What beautiful and amazing granddaughters I have!! I can't think of a single one of these talents (crochet, volleyball, song writing) they could have possibly inherited from this grandmother! Well, I did hurt my knee riding my bike a few times. I can't wait to see Emma's sweater (and her in it) when she's finished!

Erika said...

I am so impressed and proud of all three of my nieces! I can't believe that Emma is crocheting a sweater! I've never crocheted a sweater yet! You'll have to tell her that I'm crocheting a skirt right now. We'll just have to see how that one turns out!