Friday, October 5, 2007

Friday



Fridays make me happy.

Last night I was babysitting for another couple who we swap babysitting with for date nights. I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies and gave one to each kiddo before getting them off to bed. Coleson is in kindergarten, and halfway through his cookie he stopped, looked at me with a deeply thoughtful expression, and said,

"This cookie is making me eat it too fast... (deep sigh)."

I thought that statement was excellently put; I can't believe I hadn't thought of it before. It's NOT ME who is to blame; it's THE COOKIE.

These are pictures from our perrennial garden (which we are enjoying immensely) and a quote from my Smith & Hawken calendar which I also enjoy. I'm about to speak at a women's retreat in Iowa in a couple of weeks. This quote is quite in line with where my thoughts have been lately...
There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.

1 comment:

Grandma Vonnie said...

I walked down Hickory and looked at your back yard as I went by--the flowers are pretty even from 1 1/2 or 2 blocks away (I've never been very good with distance estimates)! I was amazed at how tall the flowers have grown. Don't you just love October in Kansas? My favorite month in my favorite season!!!